7494

Merlin Trilogy
Mary Stewart
Progress: 340/928 pages

Recently Added

The Beat Goes On: The Complete Rebus Short Stories - Ian Rankin, James McPherson
Rebus Audio Box Set 2: 7 Inspector Rebus Audiobooks - Ian Rankin, James McPherson
Rebus Audio Box Set 1: The First 10 Rebus Stories - Bill Paterson, Ian Rankin, James McPherson
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Medievalists.net: The Hidden History of Christmas Carols

Christmas Carols - 19th century image

"Introduction: The story of Christmas caroling is full of unexpected surprises. The practice itself has gone through many changes over the centuries, and our perception of caroling today is based only on the very recent history. We think of Christmas caroling as a wholesome, and even religious, activity. Caroling seems to speak of the beauty, innocence, and magic of the Christmas season. However, in researching this practice, I have discovered that caroling was not as innocent as we might think. In fact, the act of caroling was actively combatted by the Church for hundreds of years."

Source: http://www.medievalists.net/2013/12/08/the-hidden-history-of-christmas-carols