7827

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Farewell, My Lovely - Elliott Gould, Raymond Chandler
The Long Goodbye - Raymond Chandler, Full Cast, Toby Stephens
The High Window: A BBC Full-Cast Radio Drama - Raymond Chandler, Toby Stevens, Full Cast
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Heller McAlpin for B&N: Reading in Common -- Charmers Return: "Books that emphasize the light in enlightenment."

Introduction:

"Long dark nights, a constant cycle of grim news, frenetic holiday shopping, and festivities-that-can-turn-into-obligations: 'Tis the season that calls for either an immersive, transportative novel (such as Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch or Jhumpa Lahiri's The Lowland) -- or, if it's cheer you want, a smart, charming diversion. Last year at this time, I decided to create a list of books that hit the literary sweet spot where entertainment and substance intersect -- books that emphasize the light in enlightenment. It was so much fun, I'm doing it again."

Source: http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Reading-in-Common/Charmers-Return/ba-p/11929