8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Medieval Espionage

From the introduction:

In the period between the Wars of the Roses and the Reformation spies were used in foreign and military affairs and for reasons of domestic security. Contrary to expectations spies are not difficult to locate or document. They were a feature of classical and ancient civilisations; and the Middle Ages, which drew inspiration from the classical world, followed its example.

Source: http://www.medievalists.net/2011/01/11/espionage-and-intelligence-from-the-wars-of-the-roses-to-the-reformation