8804

Recently Added

The Jewel That Was Ours - Colin Dexter, Samuel  West
The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn - Samuel  West, Colin Dexter
Edinburgh Twilight - Carole Lawrence, Napoleon Ryan
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Charlie Chaplin's only novel to be released

Charlie Chaplin's only novel to be released

A virtually unknown novel by Charlie Chaplin -- the only book the silent film comic ever wrote -- is being made public for the first time.

"Footlights", which will be unveiled in London later Tuesday, was written by Chaplin in 1948 and later transformed into his film "Limelight", in which a washed-out clown saves a dancer from suicide.

The book is being published in English by the Cineteca di Bologna, an Italian film restoration institute which has been working with Chaplin biographer David Robinson on reconstructing drafts found in the Chaplin archives.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/charlie-chaplin-39-only-novel-released-162444751.html