8673

Arthur Conan Doyle

Recently Added

Blowback - Valerie Plame Wilson, Sarah Lovett, Negin Farsad
In Defense of a Liberal Education - Fareed Zakaria
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

Golden Globe Book Winners

12 Years a Slave - Solomon Northup The Wolf of Wall Street - Jordan Belfort Long Walk to Freedom - Nelson Mandela The Snow Queen - Hans Christian Andersen, Vladyslav Yerko Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace - 'Scott Thorson',  'Alex Thorleifson'

I love book-to-screen adaptations. Can't wait to see the movies and grab the books before watching!

"While book-to-screen adaptations did not dominate last night's Golden Globe Awards, they did take home prizes in some of the major film and TV categories. Winners involving films and series that started as books were:

Motion picture, drama: 12 Years a Slave, based on the book by Solomon Northrup

Actor in a motion picture, musical or comedy: Leonardo DiCaprio for The Wolf of Wall Street, based on the book by Jordan Belfort

Original song, motion picture: U2's "Ordinary Love," from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, based on the autobiography of Nelson Mandela

Animated feature film: Frozen, based on Hans Christian Andersen's fairytale The Snow Queen.

TV miniseries or movie: Behind the Candelabra, based on the book by Scott Thorson

Actor, miniseries or TV movie: Michael Douglas for Behind the Candelabra"

Source: Shelf Awarness: http://www.shelf-awareness.com/issue.html?issue=2164#m22785

Source: http://www.shelf-awareness.com/issue.html?issue=2164#m22785