8025

Recently Added

The Name of Annabel Lee - Julian Symons
Tour de Force - Christianna Brand
Quai des Orfèvres - Stanislas-André Steeman
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

BookLikes Coming Updates

Just reblogging this -- it's a post from about 2 weeks ago, though.  Has anybody had a more recent response to these questions?

I sent an email to BookLikes customer support asking if a few features I'd like are going to be implemented. This has probably been covered elsewhere but I didn't know where. Anyway, I said to them:

• I want to be able to click on an author’s name and see all their books on a page together.
  • I want to click on a book and see ALL the reviews and ratings for the book on the SAME page. I don’t want to have to go to each edition of a book, e.g. paperback and Kindle, to see all the ratings and reviews.
  • It would be nice to have a dashboard for authors so we can see at a glance how many ratings and reviews our books added to BookLikes have.

The email I got from them said:

"I want to assure you that works are in progress to fulfill all the requests mentioned in your e-mail. For the time being, BL uses book data bases of numerous book sources from all around the world (you can see them all in Settings/Search http://booklikes.com/settings/search and in book search box options) that's why each book edition received its own book page.

"However, for the past several weeks we're working hard on new book data base where all editions of one title will be together and there will be one book page per title (and not per edition) where all ratings and reviews will be visible. This will also allow to present author' pages and all books by a given author. The process requires time and advanced tech systems that's why it cannot be done overnight but I can calm you down it's on its way.

"We want BookLikes to be a comfy place for writers, reviewers, bloggers, readers, all book lovers that's why we're undergoing these big changes and more are in our future plans. We're also planning releasing panel for authors with stats regarding their books on BookLikes, on BookLikes shelves and mentions in BL reviews."

(Bolding for emphasis mine)

Anyway I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Love and smooches, Mona <3