Currently Reading

Recently Added

Villette - Charlotte Brontë, Mandy Weston
A Red Death: An Easy Rawlins Mystery - Walter Mosley, Michael Boatman
A Dangerous Mourning - Davina Porter, Anne Perry
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

"Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic" ... or, "Great health to you every day that I see you and every day that I don't" -- in other words, have a great time.

(And, yes, I blindly copied that from various online resources, so don't blame me if it's wrong.)

Anyway, I'm off for a 10-day vacation in Scotland (yey), followed by a 2-day family event back home in Germany (not so yey).  (I won't be leaving for Scotland until Tuesday, but my internet connection is down server-side -- I'm typing this on my mom's PC -- and I'm not sure it's going to be back up again by tomorrow.)

Whereas on previous trips to Scotland, it was all about the Eastern and Central Lowlands, and the Western and Central Higlands and Islands, this time I'll be visiting the Orkneys, the North Coast, and the Eastern Highlands.

I have it on good authority that this stuff will be featuring as well:

... plus, I suspect, plenty of sheep, castles, nature, and the odd neolythic site.  Oh, and an Edinburgh Fringe rendez-vous with the HandleBards, whom I first saw in Stratford-upon-Avon last year.

As I'm not sure if I'll be logging into Booklikes in the next 2 weeks, go well everybody -- see you all again in September!