8801

Recently Added

The Last Days of Socrates - Plato, Hugh Tredennick, Harold Tarrant
The Susan Effect - Peter Høeg
He Who Fears the Wolf - Karin Fossum, David Rintoul
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

16 Tasks of the Festive Season: Square 2 - Guy Fawkes Night

Tasks for Guy Fawkes Night: [... M]ake yourself a nice cup of tea and settle down with a good book to read. Which kind of tea is your favorite? Tell us why.

The tea in this mug is Earl Grey, one of the teas I got today during our trip to Frankfurt.  It's most constantly been one of my favorite teas as long as I can think; I like all things with a citrus taste, so the mix of black tea and bergamot oil is right up my alley.

Other favorites include certain Darjeeling and Assam teas, Yunnan, Keemun, Oolong, English and Irish Breakfast, Chai, and a large number of the blends marketed by Kusmi, Whittard of Chelsea, Tazo, Taylors of Harrogate, Fortnum & Masons -- and of course by that lovely Frankfurt store, which sells a huge variety of blends of their own.  (In the denomination of "blends" I include, for present purposes, "real" / black or green tea blends as well as the non-actual-tea fruit blends that the French call tizanes.)

The mug pictured above is in almost constant use, too, btw.; it's a large one that holds 0.5 l (= 17 fl. oz.) of liquid, so I frequently make my tea right in this mug, even if I know I'm going to have several mugs in a row -- it'll always be nice and freshly brewed that way.

I grew up with afternoon tea; it was downright a "thing" in our family, whereas coffee was the stuff that you have for breakfast and drink too much of at the office.  These days, I can't tolerate large quantities of coffee any longer, but I can drink tea to my heart's content.  As a result, my kitchen doesn't even have a coffee maker -- but it does contain a water heater, and large quantities of tea: