11222

Progress: 612/928 pages
The Mirror and the Light
Hilary Mantel

Recently Added

The Stories of Eva Luna - Isabel Allende, Cynthia Farrell, Samantha Desz, Timothy Andres Pabon, Gibson Frazier, Joy Osmanski
Jeeves in the Offing - P.G. Wodehouse, Ian Carmichael
Flowers For The Judge - Margery Allingham, David     Thorpe
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ― Mae West

Find me elsewhere:
My Leafmarks Profile
Project Hamlet

24 Festive Tasks: Door 10 - Bon Om Touk, Task 2 (Boat Procession: Rhein in Flammen / The Rhine on Fire)

I've posted about this before: "Rhein in Flammen" ("The Rhine on Fire", or "The Rhine up in Flames") is an annual event linking the towns along the Rhine, all the way from Koblenz to Bonn, by a pleasure boat corso and a chain of fireworks.   The whole thing gets kicked off in Koblenz as soon as night has fallen, and finishes in Bonn with the hugest firework of all at some point after 11:00pm.  I haven't taken photos of this in ages, but here are some photos of this year's event taken by other people:

Sources and more photos (also of the festival [BBQ + carnival + rock concert] atmosphere on shore) HERE, HERE and HERE.